About the Brock Jr. Badgers
The Brock Wrestling club has been active in the Niagara region over the past 31 years, producing countless national champions and Olympians (most recent including Tanya Verbeek); however, prior to 2007, the club was reserved for members 14 years of age and up.
In January of 2007, the Brock Jr. Badgers program was born to introduce the sport of wrestling to boys and girls from the ages of 7 to 13 – and since it’s inception, the program has continually showcased the athletic talent of Niagara’s youth. Our accomplishments include:
- 2008: 9 individual medals & Girls under 11 Team title at Ontario Youth Championship
- 2009: 3 Champions at the Canadian Eastern Championships
- 2010: Hosted the Ontario Youth Championships, earned 22 medals & multiple Provincial Champions
- 2011: Multiple Provincial & Canada East medalists
- 2012: Multiple Provincial Champions
- 2013: Third Place Brock Badgers Invitational Tournament & multiple Provincial Champions
- 2014: Won the Novice Boys Division at Canada East & multiple Provincial Champions
- 2015: Canada East Host at the Gale Centre in Niagara Falls, ON
So Why Wrestle?
Apart from being one of the original Olympic sports, wrestling allows children and adults alike to develop a sense of body awareness that is not possible in team sports. It helps instill qualities in kids like self-discipline and respect, as well as improving both physical fitness and self esteem. Give your kids a chance to learn life lessons that they can carry with them for the rest of their lives, and join the Brock Jr. Badgers today!